How do I mark all messages as read?
emtownsend1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where did the option go that allows me to mark all text messages as read?  Sometimes when changing launchers and/or notifiers, Message+ will show that I have hundreds of un-read texts.  I used to be able to go into settings and mark all as read, but I can no longer find the option.  Is there any way to do this now?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mark all as read
emtownsend1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone did post a solution for me.  It goes like this:

Open Message+

Tap on a conversation bubble (anyone)

In the upper border that now appears, you will see the word "ALL", tap it.  That selects all conversations/messages.

In the upper border again, there is a conversation balloon with a check mark in it.  Tap it.  This marks all selected messages as read!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emtownsend1

Being able to quickly glace to see if you have new messages is very important. Does this only happen when switching between Home Launcher applications? What do you have to do in order to clear the un-read message?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emtownsend1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I happens when I use other launchers like "Go Launcher or TSF Launcher".  Nova Launcher is OK as is the stock launcher.  I cannot typically clear the unread counts on those launchers even at reboot so I usually go back to stock or Nova Launcher where the counter is normal again.  Nova is my go-to launcher but I like to try other launchers on a regular basis.

Is the "Mark all items as read" option in Message+ gone for good now?  That is the basic question I guess.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

emtownsend1, thank you so much for those wonderful details. I was able to review the details of the Message+ application. I do see that at this moment, there is not an option to check all and mark all the messages as read. I do apologize for any inconvenience.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
emtownsend1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone did post a solution for me.  It goes like this:

Open Message+

Tap on a conversation bubble (anyone)

In the upper border that now appears, you will see the word "ALL", tap it.  That selects all conversations/messages.

In the upper border again, there is a conversation balloon with a check mark in it.  Tap it.  This marks all selected messages as read!

Tags (1)
Lamarrotems
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for this answer - it still works as of April 10th, 2021 but it's a little different now. 

Just to be clear as of 2021 you do the following:

• Long press (like 2-3 seconds) any contact icon. (The contact icons are circles on the left of your messages main screen containing either the contacts picture, letter(s) of their initials, or # sign for unnamed contacts)
  • Hit "Select All"
  • Hit the checkmark icon at the top of the screen to mark all as read. (This is the middle icon in between the download "down arrow" icon and the silence "bell" icon.)

Then all messages will be marked as read. 

kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes