How do I set notification (tone) from specific folder?
gngracie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since the update a couple days ago, the Message+ directory won't let me choose which directory to add notification (tone) from. In the past I've been able to choose notifications that I have saved to a specific folder (i.e. audio, notifications, my notifications, but now that option seems to have disappeared.  How do I specify which folder to set the notification sound from?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I set notification (tone) from specific folder?
gngracie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thought I would post the fix I found in case anyone else has this problem... 

I downloaded a file manager app (Amaze), and that solved the problem.  For some reason, "My Files" would not show the folder/files where the tones were located, even though I selected "show hidden files".  Once I downloaded Amaze, Messages+ let me choose Amaze as the default program to select tones from and I was finally able to navigate to the folder of my choice.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gngracie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thought I would post the fix I found in case anyone else has this problem... 

I downloaded a file manager app (Amaze), and that solved the problem.  For some reason, "My Files" would not show the folder/files where the tones were located, even though I selected "show hidden files".  Once I downloaded Amaze, Messages+ let me choose Amaze as the default program to select tones from and I was finally able to navigate to the folder of my choice.

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI gngracie,

Thank you for sharing!  I am sure others users will benefit from your contribution!

Alternately, if you have not seen this...there are some tones available IN the app in the Customization option in 'Conversation Menu' (3dots) on the app.

ALIE

VZMESSAGES

0 Likes