How do I stop receiving text advertising?
HBassman

I don't text so I haven't purchased a texting package.

I am registered on all the no call list.

How do I stop getting ads on my phone which I have to pay for?

It isn't much money but it is unsolicited, unwanted and not from anyone I have ever done business with or would I do business with.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I stop receiving text advertising?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
You can call CS (800-922-0204) or *611 from your handset, and have them block all texts from your phone.
0 Likes
Not applicable

We have heard our customers on this, and we have launched a new program to help with SPAM. Take one (or several) of the SPAM messages and forward it to 7726 (which spells SPAM).  This is a new process.  Once you forward the message to 7726, you will get a reply text message asking the identity of the SPAM sender (the "From" address in the SPAM message you received).  Once received, you will get a "Thank-you" message from the 7726 number. We will investigate on the back end. 

The messages you send to and receive from the 7726 number are free of charge.  This is a brand new program we are testing, and it just started on 09/1/11.  Please make this common practice when receiving SPAM messages.  This is not to be confused with alerts though.  If you get alerts (something you signed up for), you should reply STOP to the message received before going the whole 7726 route.

I hope this answers your question. 

0 Likes
JBARTONP

The text to SPAM is even more time consuming and generate MORE texts (from you). 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes