How do I turn the screen wakeup off?
ShadowPoint

The March 22 update now seems to cause my phone screen to wake up to show I have received a new text message.  I do not recall this being a feature enabled upon purchasing the phone and it does not happen when using a different app.  Is there a feature I am missing to turn a screen wake off? Seems like a battery drain.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen Wake
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

We are aware of this.  To make counters update, Samsung requested that we trigger screen on.   We are working with Samsung to find a better alternative.  Thanks for your patience!

ALIEM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tantan80

I'm wanting to know the exact same thing. I have a GS7 and I have to Uninstall the update in order to no longer have the screen wake every time a text comes in

0 Likes
tantan80

Guess no one cares

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand you not wanting your screen to come on when a text message comes in especially at night, tantan80. What messaging application are you using? If its Messages + this is being investigated by the applications team.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI EVERYONE,

We are aware of this.  To make counters update, Samsung requested that we trigger screen on.   We are working with Samsung to find a better alternative.  Thanks for your patience!

ALIEM

0 Likes