How do I uninstall this disaster of an update to Message+?
keevans1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Boy, you guys really screwed this one up.  Either allow us to uninstall the latest horrid update or I'll just start using the native text message app on my phone.  This update sucks.  You completely screwed up a good thing.

Labels (1)
Re: How do I uninstall this disaster of an update to Message+?
TwistedJake

I was able to uninstall the update through the application manager. I shut down auto updates for the time being.

It did delete all my "chat" conversations since the update so my conversation with my wife this morning is gone.

0 Likes
keevans1
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone doesn't appear to give me the option to only uninstall the update.  It wants to uninstall the entire application.  I did turn off auto update.  I wish I'd done that before this mess.

TwistedJake

After you select the application in application manager you should be able to click on "more" in the top right and have option.

0 Likes
keevans1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found it.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

0 Likes
winemanlori
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found what? How to uninstall latest update? If so how did you do this?

0 Likes
jamiecasaus

I too would like to know how to uninstall the update.

0 Likes
winemanlori
Enthusiast - Level 2

But does it uninstall all updates made since I bought my phone a year ago? Or just the latest?

0 Likes
keevans1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It uninstalled all updates and reset mine to factory settings.  I'll take it over the [Removed] they forced on me this morning.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
winemanlori
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much! I went and did what you said and it's back to how I had it, just had to go change my back ground and color of text boxes again but that's no big deal! I appreciate all your help!!! If only Verizon cared as much about their customers this much! You saved me a trip to our nearest Verizon store (which is an hour away) which would have likely been un productive anyhow.

0 Likes