How do I unsubscribe from Integrated Messaging?
TiredOfLookingForScre
Enthusiast - Level 1

I accidentally signed up for it not realizing what it was(that'll show me). I don't want it because I don't want my messages anywhere but my phone, I'm worried my messages wont come through right and it takes too long to go on My Verizon to delete every message that I get. I saw somewhere on here where it said reply to the text with cancel or stop and you'll get a confirmation text if it works. I tried that but I never got a message. Please tell me there's some way to escape being signed up for it.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I unsubscribe from Integrated Messaging?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TiredOfLookingForScreenNames,

We want you to be able to enjoy Verizon Messages without integrated messaging. Follow the steps here listed in option 3 under the Integrated Messaging header http://vz.to/1zso1SD

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Uninstall the app from your computer and your phone, then activate the stock messaging app instead of Messages.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TiredOfLookingForScreenNames,

We want you to be able to enjoy Verizon Messages without integrated messaging. Follow the steps here listed in option 3 under the Integrated Messaging header http://vz.to/1zso1SD

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gambledg

I like that answer but I worry if I uninstall the messanger if all my messages/text for several years will be lost.  Furthermore, I do not know where the "stock messaging app" is.  Where is it?  Google Play?  

Can someone at Verizon simply make it a switch in Messager that I choose-not interconnected texts on my two devices?  Thank you, [Edited for Privacy]

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes
skriptwreck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same question but I'm about to post another question: Is it true that it is not possible to unsubsscribe to Verizon's Integrated Messages while my service is active?

0 Likes
skriptwreck
Enthusiast - Level 1

Screenshot_20220523-163157_Firefox.jpg

0 Likes
skriptwreck
Enthusiast - Level 1

Screenshot_20220523-163157_Firefox.jpg

0 Likes