How do you know when a message is sent if the message is read?
BOBBIJGOFAST
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there a way to see if the message sent is read ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you know when a message is sent if the message is read?
jav6
Champion - Level 3

On my Droid Turbo 2 and Message+, there is Settings->Conversation with options for Request receipt (Request a delivery receipt (SMS and MMS) and read receipt (MMS only)) for each message sent.  Also, there is a Send Read Receipts option to 'Always respond to read receipt requests (Chat/MMS)' which appears to mean if not set ON, the sender will NOT know I've received/read the Chat/MMS message.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
BOBBIJGOFAST
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am probably doing something wrong.  I can only see sent and delivered.  I know what sent is, but does delivered mean they have read it?

jav6
Champion - Level 3

I do get 'Read by' notices on MMS messages I've sent letting me know how many have read the message.  I ONLY get 'Delivered' notices on SMS messages.  Maybe someone from Technical Support will weigh in here.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BOBBIJGOFAST,

This feature is such a great feature. I enjoy having this option on my messages as well. There is a little bit of an issue with this feature. This feature is controlled by the person receiving the message. Your settings control what you do with the messages, but in order for the messages to show read on the other end, that party has to have that feature enabled. The best we can do on our end is say delivered. That means we delivered to the device. Do you have any SMS messages that show read from any of your contacts? Has this changed on any users? Did they say read at one point and now they do not?

Jenelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes