How do you.................
David48
block premium SMS text messaging from the My Verizon website? Will this affect standard text/pic messaging at all? Of course this question stems from an unwanted $9.99 charge to my bill! :smileymad:
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you.................
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are the account owner, sign in to MyVerizon, on the Overview page on the right hand side is a link to "Self Service options".

On the left hand side of that screen is "My Plan and Features", and one of the links there is "Add and Delete features".  Click that, and you will be able to select "Block Premium SMS" (towards the bottom of the list) among other things.

HTH,

Message Edited by SuzyQ on 08-01-2009 10:50 AM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are the account owner, sign in to MyVerizon, on the Overview page on the right hand side is a link to "Self Service options".

On the left hand side of that screen is "My Plan and Features", and one of the links there is "Add and Delete features".  Click that, and you will be able to select "Block Premium SMS" (towards the bottom of the list) among other things.

HTH,

Message Edited by SuzyQ on 08-01-2009 10:50 AM
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
And to further answer your question, no, this will not block regular text/pix messages.  You can also contact Customer service and see if they will credit you for the unwanted charge for Premium TXT - you may need to do a bit of research to find out who billed you and contact them as well.
0 Likes
David48
I did contact Verizon and they were very nice about giving me a credit. NIce folks @ Verizon as well as here! Thanks!
0 Likes