How to Automatically Forward All Text Messages to Email
ChaosFreak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I've just come over from Sprint to Verizon. On Sprint, I could integrate my mobile number with Google Voice. This allowed me to receive all of my text messages automatically to my email account. I could then reply by email and Sprint would send a text back to the original sender. It was very convenient.

Is this possible with Verizon? I've turned on Google Voice for my new Verizon service but it doesn't seem to send the text messages to my email.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to Automatically Forward All Text Messages to Email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chaosfreak -

Being able to send text messages is a great way to communicate with others. To send a text via email you can compose a message as if you are sending an email. In the To field enter the 10 digit mobile number of the recipient followed by @vtext.com. Now just send the message. Learn more here! http://vz.to/1ELpUgn
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Not applicable

HI ChaosFreak

We don't currently have a way to FWD your Messages+ messages to your email.

However, you can get your Messages+ messages on your desktop, tablet or on the web.

For the easy to do how to, please refer to this page: Verizon Messages: Take Texting to the Next Level | Verizon Wireless

Let me know if you need anything else!

ALIEM

0 Likes
ChaosFreak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Jacob,

No, you did not answer my question. I clearly asked how to forward my text messages to my email. I already know how to send text messages from my email, however that is useless if I can't also receive text messages in my email inbox.

ChaosFreak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply ALIEM. This is unfortunate. It was a really convenient feature that Sprint offers. I live in my email inbox while at work, and don't notice when text messages come to my phone. It was great to get them in my email inbox, and also be able to reply to them by email. Sprint offered this service, although I think that it was actually Google Voice that was handling it. It would be great if Verizon had that kind of integration with Google Voice.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi ChaosFreak,

While I can't recommend one, there are 3rd Party Apps  that will allow you to forward your messages. If you have not done so, check out Play Store or do a Google search for  'apps to forward text messages'.

Good Luck!

ALIEM

0 Likes
xxdr
Enthusiast - Level 1

terrible really

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly apologize for this experience, xxdr. We hope to regain your confidence. 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes