How to Stop annoying ozmail zmail text messages from 11-801-222-2269
netty365

Get a tech on the phone and your problem will be resolved.  dont even bother with trying to do yourself.  I  just upgraded to the droid 2 global from LG Envy.  every 20 minutes or so was getting messages from the same number (which looks like international) with either zmail or ozmail in the heading with brew:///.....    googled the problem.  seems like a lot of people had the same issue. read all the resolves to do myself, replied stop, went on my verizon put in the number to block without the 11 since it only allows 10 digits, and put the block on zmail.com and oz.mail.com..  still got the messages.  Several posts said tech support really was no help because they suggested to change their cell number.  But another said get the right tech on the phone to fix because it is a email messaging problem.   I called suppor;t the person I initally spoke with was not tech but put me on hold while she called over.  She said "the only way to stop the messages was to change your number".!  Wrong!!!   I said it is a problem that many people have when upgrading to a smart phone from another cell phone that was subcribed to email.  I also told her from what I read in the verizon forum that not everyone in tech support knows how to fix this and will just say to change the number, but find someone there in tech who knows and has dealt with this issue.  After a few more minutes on hold i was transfered directly to a tech person.  This was not the person who said to change my number.  She knew exactly what the problem was; brought up my account saw that I had "email messaging alerts" which was from my hotmail set up for my old phone.  She stopped the alerts and said they messages from ozmail, zmail will stop.  Also this will have no impact on recieving emails, messages etc on the phone. 

so far, all day not one message from........  Also I was told if I get a bill for responding to the text to stop to call to get it taken off.. just make the call and an be insistent if need be to get to a tech who has dealt with this.  hope this helps.

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to Stop annoying ozmail zmail text messages from 11-801-222-2269
budone
Legend

This is a common problem when going from a basic phone to another phone. Ozmail is what notified your phone you had mail and when you switch the program still tries to let you know but the new phones do not recognize Ozmail.

0 Likes
jnevaril

reply to it with "stop".  that will stop the ozmail notifications. 

0 Likes
SMD2001

It worked!  I tried calling Verizon & they said change the phone number - um, not!  Called Apple (new IPHONE) and she said just reply with "stop" - no, not taking a chance of getting a crazy text charge.  Googled the phone number and ended up here - I did exactly what the above post said - tried Verizon again and the first rep didn't know about it - I read this to him & he transferred me to a super agent tech rep & she knew exactly what I was talking about and said she would stop the email alerts from OZ mail - that it might take about 24 hours - but that this should do the trick.  I'm sure several people who upgraded to the Iphone will be having this same problem.  Thank you so much to the original poster - what a life saver!

0 Likes
atweet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok,  After spending countless days, phone calls and reviews on forums I found way to fix the issue with OZMAIL text messages.. To remove them you must have your old phone with you.  Simply go to

Email> Mobile Email>select accounts to delete.

Once you select delete accounts through this you will no longer have your old phone's setting in your phone and your new one won't provision any more unwanted texts.  The reason be is that you created alerts in your old phone to get updates when new messages come in, so by deleting the email from your old phone you no longer will receive updates to your new phone.

I sent myself a few emails to see if this is a fix and it works!

0 Likes
audiored

Where are these settings you're talking about? 

atweet wrote:

Ok,  After spending countless days, phone calls and reviews on forums I found way to fix the issue with OZMAIL text messages.. To remove them you must have your old phone with you.  Simply go to

Email> Mobile Email>select accounts to delete.

Once you select delete accounts through this you will no longer have your old phone's setting in your phone and your new one won't provision any more unwanted texts.  The reason be is that you created alerts in your old phone to get updates when new messages come in, so by deleting the email from your old phone you no longer will receive updates to your new phone.

I sent myself a few emails to see if this is a fix and it works!

0 Likes
juls74
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I read your text and called Verizon, they did exactly what you said with no questions.  Five minutes later I got another message...I'm hoping it will just take awhile to take effect.  If that is the case, bless you!!  This has been driving me crazy!!

0 Likes
1coolmathchick

What if I don't have my old phone?

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

1coolmathchick, If you don't have your old phone, no worries!

We can still help you stop those annoying OZMAIL messages.

What happened when you replied "stop"? If you are still receiving the OZMAIL after replying "stop", then I will need to request it on your behalf.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
David4444

As a VZW rep, then you should know with no doubt that you have a tool in InfoManager that allows you to submit "STOP" for ANY Verizon Wireless User that calls in.  I am astonished and appalled at the responses I have been seeing on this topic.

0 Likes