How to block text messages from Verizon
dipsearacer

Does anybody know how to to block a text message sent from Verizon?  Situation, I have family locator software installed on my son's phone (locatee) and it worked just great until a Verizon agent temporarily disconnect the service to swap locator phone numbers.  Bottom line:  If I go back on line and activate Family locator on my son's phone, Verizon automatically sends a text to his phone saying "Welcome to Family Locator------------)  At that point my son will be **bleep** because he doesn't know Family locator is on his phone.  I need some way to block the text sent from Verizon when I re-activate Family locator.  Any experts out there?

Thanks

Dennis

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to block text messages from Verizon
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to disable a setting in your MyVerizon account related to Backup Assistant

The steps are listed in this link.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/27/incredible-2-owners-receiving-message-from-vzwnmn-here-is-how-to-stop-them/

There are several threads about this issue going. Recent ones too.

There was no need to dig up a thread from 2010!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I don't believe you can block that comment any longer from showing up on his phone.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately there is no way to block this message since it is free and from us. However you can just prepare a time to re-enroll in the family locator and just have his phone with you that way you can clear it as soon as the message is received. This way he will still not know that it is enabled.

0 Likes
JLEmme

I'm getting a weird text message every hour or so, but can't block it because it's a 4 digit # (6250) and the message is

VZWNMN:l;l

Any idea how to quit getting this?

0 Likes
Barryhenn
Enthusiast - Level 1

JLEmme,  I received 11 of those msgs in the last hour.

I started a post on Bogus TXT msgs

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to disable a setting in your MyVerizon account related to Backup Assistant

The steps are listed in this link.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/27/incredible-2-owners-receiving-message-from-vzwnmn-here-is-how-to-stop-them/

There are several threads about this issue going. Recent ones too.

There was no need to dig up a thread from 2010!

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CV2

Thanks so much for digging up this old thread.  I just upgraded to the Stratosphere in January and these texts started this morning about 2:30am.  I've had about 12 of them so far and was woke up too many times before work. I just removed the feature and hopefully it ends.

First time I've been on the chat and found my answer on my first thread.  Thanks!!

0 Likes