How to get a printout of actual text messages
spartan392

I needed a printout of my recent  texts to my girlfriend to save. How do I retrieve them?

>>Branched from an earlier discussion<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to get a printout of actual text messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on the phone you have, you could install an app that will back up your texts and allow you to print them on your computer or send them to your e-mail.  You also may be able to do this if you use Verizon's Integrated Messaging.  If you are asking if Verizon will send you a copy of your text message content, the answer is no, not unless you have a court order ... and then they only have them for the past 10 days or so.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Kristinwoodward47

What is the name of the app that will back up your texts and allow you to print them?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted in the earlier post, there are several of them (depending on your phone's OS).  I have an Android and use SMS Backup and Restore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Kristinwoodward47. Thank you for taking the time to message in. I can definitely understand the need to save and print out text messages. Tikibar1 is correct with his suggestions and info! Another app that can help out as well, depending on the type of phone you own is Verizon Messages. http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/verizon-messages.html

This app allows you to view texts online via your My VZ as well. This can come in handy for what you are looking to do. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you Kristinwoodward47, and tikibar1. May everyone have a great day!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spartan392,

That's a great question! We understand how important it can be to have a copy of them. You've been pointed in the correct direction. If you need the content of the messages, that is not available to view due to privacy. However, if you'd like to see the history, you can access My Verizon as the account owner and select to view bill. You will select the bill cycle (up to 3 months of history), then select your line and the blue section titled "Messaging". This will allow you to see the history of number, time and date sent or received.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
slbnieder

But from a legal standpoint and if I am the owner of the phone and need the transcript for a legal action...how do you do that?

0 Likes
Rldjrh8166

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it can be to get a copy of text messages, slbnieder. We only provide the text log, for up to the last 90-days, via My Verizon. For your security, we do not have the actual content in the messages. 

If you need that information for legal purposes, the records can be requested by a police department, or an attorney can subpoena them. 

I hope this helps. 

VanessaS_VZWSupport 

0 Likes