How to get a printout of actual text messages
crazychica4405
Enthusiast - Level 1

is there any way verizon can give a readout of what was in text messages on my account? If so, how?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Re: How to get a printout of actual text messages
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon Wireless cannot legally provide a print out of content of messages sent/received from any wireless device, the only way to obtain text details regarding dates, times, origination and destination of a message is via your My Verizon account through My Bill under bill details, or via My Services under my usage and messaging details.

Alternatively, the only other way for Verizon Wireless to assist with further information is with the filing of a subpoena via your local authorities. VZW will always cooperate with police, as long as the appropriate steps are taken. In cases of a harassment it is then bes to start by filing a police report.

Hope this helped.

Message Edited by SMRyan on 03-18-2009 09:16 AM
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

Fortunately, Verizon cannot access this private information. Big brother and all that.

If you want to print out a text message just send it to your personal email address and print it out from there.

You will get all of the message but none of the original header information will carry over.

ec

0 Likes
MrJedi
Enthusiast - Level 1

The carriers 'claim' they can't retrieve the text messages - but that seems highly unlikely given the technology and need by the police.  Having access to - and giving access to are two entirely different things.

Just ask the former Mayor of Detroit whether it's possible to obtain 3 month old text messages.

SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

MrJedi,

It is not that it cannot be retrieved. All data sent over the network is atleast temporarily recorded. It is more or less a matter of legality.

0 Likes
zimpleguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not that it can't be recorded but that it's phisicly imposible to be able to keep the vast amounts of text messages sent every day for a long period of time....

0 Likes
sunflower84
Enthusiast - Level 1
How do you get the printout in order to send it to your email.  Website only offers the the phone numbers.  I'd like to see the text and what was said.  Can you help me out on how to do this?
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Because Verizon Wireless respects your privacy a search warrant is required for the customer or a third party to obtain text content. Please contact customer service for further information if you require assistance.

thank you!

0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

You go to the message on your phone and press the Options key. One of  the options is to Forward the message. Select the Forward Option and then enter your home email address and press send.

0 Likes
darrelmwilliams

I don't believe it is for legal reasons. As long as you are the account holder and have access to the information, why would you not be able to get a print out? It is a "we don't wanna do it" like banks and their 7 year rule. They are mandated to keep all docs in

perpetuity. 

0 Likes