How to get pics off of memory card
lost_one

i have the incredible 2 and last night i dropped it in a toilet. i took it apart and the memory card was dry so i removed it but i dont know what to do with it. i dont know what type of card it is. its only says vodafone on it and i cant plug it into my comp. how do i retrieve the pics on it? Help Help. very important stuff on there...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to get pics off of memory card
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

If the card says Vodafone on it, that is almost certainly your SIM card, which Verizon includes so that you can roam internationally on their Vodafone partner networks.  I don't think your pictures will be saved on that card because it isn't active when you're using the phone in the US.

Did you have an SD card installed in the phone?  That would be were your pictures might be stored, and as the other poster described, you can buy a small adapter to read it from your computer.  The SD card will have the letters SD on it somewhere.

Finally, try drying your phone completely (put it in a sock in some rice, or kitty litter, or something absorbent for a few days) and see if you can turn it on.  Even if the screen doesn't work, you could plug it in to your computer and possibly salvage some of the data stored in the internal memory that way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
markangie

I went to Walmart and bought an adapter for mine, cost about $10, it slides into it and plugs into the usb port on your computer, save the pics and put them on a flash drive or print them.

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

If the card says Vodafone on it, that is almost certainly your SIM card, which Verizon includes so that you can roam internationally on their Vodafone partner networks.  I don't think your pictures will be saved on that card because it isn't active when you're using the phone in the US.

Did you have an SD card installed in the phone?  That would be were your pictures might be stored, and as the other poster described, you can buy a small adapter to read it from your computer.  The SD card will have the letters SD on it somewhere.

Finally, try drying your phone completely (put it in a sock in some rice, or kitty litter, or something absorbent for a few days) and see if you can turn it on.  Even if the screen doesn't work, you could plug it in to your computer and possibly salvage some of the data stored in the internal memory that way.

0 Likes
lost_one

thank you for your reply. i didnt realize that was my sim card and i still had my memory card in the phone.

0 Likes