How to read my history of text messages
MR2FAST

A Verizon rep said I could read my text messages through my Verizon up to 18 months previous. I cannot find it though

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to read my history of text messages
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may have misunderstood.  You can view past billing statements for 18 months, call history only.  Text history (numbers, dates, times, no content) are available for 90 days.  IF you have the Verizon Messages + app you can save 90 days of text messages, and restore them using the app on your phone or computer.

Other third party texting apps like SMS backup and restore, allow you to save and read old text messages.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may have misunderstood.  You can view past billing statements for 18 months, call history only.  Text history (numbers, dates, times, no content) are available for 90 days.  IF you have the Verizon Messages + app you can save 90 days of text messages, and restore them using the app on your phone or computer.

Other third party texting apps like SMS backup and restore, allow you to save and read old text messages.

CJAMES2180

The message need I can't access because the phone number I had was stolen and I had to suspend the number and now it tells me

error this mobile number does not have permission to send messages , please contact the owner for this mobile number to change permissions ??

0 Likes
CJAMES2180

How can i use my lap top

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

That will work only if you had message plus activated prior to losing your number. If you did not, and it sounds like you did not, there is no way to get the messages back.

0 Likes