How to receive Security code texts in Message+ on iPhone?
uutguy

I installed Message+ on my iPhone. I sent a test message through it and it went through successfully. Incoming messages, such as security codes from my bank, are still coming into the regular iPhone message app, NOT the Verizon app.  How do I tell the phone to switch to receiving on Verizon’s app?

0 Likes
Re: How to receive Security code texts in Message+ on iPhone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear that you're using Message+! I am here to help. When did this begin? Does this happen with all texts or only the security code messages?-Lorenzo

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@uutguy wrote:

I installed Message+ on my iPhone. I sent a test message through it and it went through successfully. Incoming messages, such as security codes from my bank, are still coming into the regular iPhone message app, NOT the Verizon app.  How do I tell the phone to switch to receiving on Verizon’s app?

I would think there is an option in Settings on the iPhone for the default messaging app.  Searching in a browser on the internet for 'setting default messaging app on iPhone' brings up many suggestions that should help.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@uutguy wrote:

Maybe disabling the iPhone messaging app if you're using Message+ primarily.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do understand the importance in getting all your text messages, and we are here to assist you. Please send us a Private Message, so that we can help resolve all your concerns. *Robert

0 Likes
uutguy

Thank you for the suggestion.  However, there is no setting on an iPhone to select a default messaging app.  While a google search produces a lot of hits on the question, none of them actually answer it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for sharing this with us, uutguy. We certainly want to assist in every way that we can with making sure that Message+ is working correctly with your iPhone. What is the make and model of the iPhone that you have? If we may ask, what is the reason for wishing to use Message+ as your primary text messaging app?  -Brett

0 Likes
Chris217ky

Just switched to Verizon with Iphone 11 Pro Max and ever since I have not been able to receive text codes from my bank and even from Verizon.

Tried resetting my network settings and still no luck......

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to receive all messages coming your way, and I'm sorry to learn that you're missing some. Tell me, what messaging app are you using? -Jordan

0 Likes