How to reconnect Verizon messages after factory reset?
Bhatch28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Due to some issues my phone was having, I unfortunately had to perform a factory reset. However, messages is no longer connected to my previous version of the app- meaning I've lost my texts, public profile, etc.

It acts as though it's a new install, giving me the option to activate it (which doesn't work), and not giving me the option to properly set up a public profile.

How do I restore the data I lost and get back connected to integrated messaging and my public profile?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to reconnect Verizon messages after factory reset?
Bhatch28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well somehow I just managed to get it to work again through various attempts to clear the data and whatnot. Who knows why it decided to work this time and not the others.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

When you reconfigured the Message+ app after the reset, did you use the same Verizon account profile as before?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Bhatch28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't believe it gave me the option. It acted as though I had already had the app installed without a profile or anything.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Which make/model phone do you have?

Did you try doing a Force Stop, Disable App, Clear Data and Clear Cache and then enable/install it again?

0 Likes
Bhatch28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using the galaxy s7 edge. Unfortunately I did try all of that and it was still a no-go.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

And you're using the Verizon Message+ app and not a standard Samsung Message app?

Set Up a Phone or Tablet on Your Verizon Messages (Message+) Account

To set up a phone or tablet on your account:

Download Verizon Messages (Message+) from the app store on your device.

1. Read the Terms & Conditions.
  2. Tap Get Started.
  3. Enter a nickname for the device.
  4. Enter your mobile phone number.
  5. Tap Send me a text.
  6. You'll receive a text message on your phone with a security code. Enter the code in the app on the device to set it up on your Verizon Messages (Message+) account.
0 Likes
Bhatch28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep! However like before, it registers as me having already had the app being used rather than installing as a new app, so I don't get the option to connect it.

It seems like at this point it's just something I'll have to deal with.

0 Likes
Bhatch28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well somehow I just managed to get it to work again through various attempts to clear the data and whatnot. Who knows why it decided to work this time and not the others.

0 Likes