How to turn off T9 messaging on a sonim verizon xp5800
crystalblue17

So my mother has a sonim verizon xp5800 phone for work. However, when she wants to text people It has T9 mode on to so she just cant type in what she wants cause it keeps wanting to throw suggested words in her face. I've tried going in the settings to see if I can turn it off or try to get the messaging to go into abc mode or something but still no luck. I just don't know if I'm being blind or I'm missing a simple step in order to fix this. Even more so with it being sunday no live chat support for me. So...does anybody know how to fix thsonim verizon phone.jpgsonim verizon phone 2.jpgis? 

0 Likes
Re: How to turn off T9 messaging on a sonim verizon xp5800
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crystalblue17, thank you for taking the time to contact us about the device message settings. We are here to assist. It appears that you are in the right place based on the last image. What happens when you select FlexT9 text input to adjust? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
Lrbraddock
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also would LOVE to know how to turn off the t9 features that feed words as I type in letters. I imagine this feature is helpful to a lot of people, but I find it extremely distracting and would prefer to have the CHOICE to disable the feature. I have scoured the various options, including turning OFF "next word prediction"  but STILL have to endure bombardment of various words with every letter I enter.  This feature is GREAT to discourage folks like me from texting ever again, which is, unfortunately, the direction I'm moving if I can't figure a way to turn it off. Please let me know if there's a way to do it. Cheers ! ( I just noticed that the model in the original message is XP5800....Mine is an XP3800 in case that makes a difference. )

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out, we certainly want to help in any way that we can. Were you able to try the FlexT9 text input to adjust? 

-Rosie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please send us a Private Note.

*Carla

0 Likes