I am having trouble getting my first generation droid razr maxx to subscribe to integrated messages. I have successfully subscribed using my desktop PC, ipad, and lenovo tablet. I need to now connect to the Razr Maxx using wifi only.
dpg1960

I am having trouble getting my first generation droid razr maxx to subscribe to integrated messages. I have successfully subscribed using my desktop PC, ipad, and lenovo tablet. I need to now connect to the Razr Maxx using wifi only.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am having trouble getting my first generation droid razr maxx to subscribe to integrated messages. I have successfully subscribed using my desktop PC, ipad, and lenovo tablet. I need to now connect to the Razr Maxx using wifi only.
Snn5
Legend

You did say that the Razr Maxx is NOT activated as a phone on Verizon correct?

dpg1960 wrote:

Ok understood. The Maxx was an old phone that is no longer being used on the carrier network.

The phone must be active with an active phone number. You can download an app to any Android active or not, but that doesn't mean it can be used since, the phone must be active on the network.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am having trouble getting my first generation droid razr maxx to subscribe to integrated messages. I have successfully subscribed using my desktop PC, ipad, and lenovo tablet. I need to now connect to the Razr Maxx using wifi only.
Snn5
Legend

Is the Razr Maxx your only active phone?  You can only integrate devices with one phone, you can't have 2 phones integrated.

0 Likes
dpg1960

Ok understood. The Maxx was an old phone that is no longer being used on the carrier network. I'm using tethered to the iPad which is one the Verizon LTE network. I there a way to make the phone behave as if it was similar to the Lenovo tablet which is also tethered to the iPad?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. The application is recognizing the device as a phone and it expecting a phone number associated with the phone. Since it isn't an active phone it won't complete the registration.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dpg1960

Bummer. Guess I'm not really sure why the app can work for a tablet but

not a previously used phone.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application recognizes the tablet as a tablet which doesn't have a phone number associated with it that can send text messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love being able to keep all my devices connected with my messages Ann154. We want to ensure you are able to get all of yours connected as well. Let's see what we can do to get this working for you. Is the Maxx disconnected from any cell phone service? What happens when you download the application? Have you placed the phone in airplane mode and connected to wifi?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not the way with the problem.

0 Likes
dpg1960

Interesting.... I had no issue downloading the app from

the play store. It installed without difficulty. When I try to subscribe it

will appear as if it is trying to connect to the server. A few minutes

later I'll get a verification code on the phone but no way to input it into

the application on the Maxx. I have tried it in both airplane mode with

WiFi only on and with airplane mode off. Again the same result unable to

subscribe the maxx to the server. Any thoughts or suggestion?

On Sep 28, 2015 8:35 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You did say that the Razr Maxx is NOT activated as a phone on Verizon correct?

dpg1960 wrote:

Ok understood. The Maxx was an old phone that is no longer being used on the carrier network.

The phone must be active with an active phone number. You can download an app to any Android active or not, but that doesn't mean it can be used since, the phone must be active on the network.

0 Likes