Re: I can't receive MMS messages that include text and picture from iPhone to Android
dblack86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still, this is an unacceptable restriction.

0 Likes
Re: I can't receive MMS messages that include text and picture from iPhone to Android
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dblack86,

Gotcha. Presents a logistical issue if no non-Apple devices are available to test. There is an easy way around that at least. Try sending a MMS from your device to your own mobile number. Send one with text and one without and let us know the results.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dblack86
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I send a picture with text to myself, it works.

Also, pictures that do not normally send do work with the Chrome extension, Motorola Connect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying dblack86. Please delete all old messages from the device and have your wife send you another picture do you receive it? Does she have any issues with other messages from other people?

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dblack86
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still have the problems.

She does not have any problems with anyone.

0 Likes
snova4

I have the same problem with my Ultra. Never used to be a problem but something changed in the last month or so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dblack86

Thank you for testing this out for us! I'm sorry it's still not resolved for you. Can you and your wife both delete eachother's contact info from your phones? Then have her send you a picture message by manually typing in your number in the "to" field of her message. Let us know if this works for you!

Once you're done with the test, you can definitely re-add eachother's contact info into your phones again.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SkipSinclair
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow.  Just when I thought VZ Customer Support couldn't get any worse....

Here's yet another "workaround", albeit still klunky.  If you hit the "play button" icon that we're all seeing in the messaging app, then the text displays.  WAIT 15 SECONDS (I know...) and then the "slideshow" advances to the next "slide", which is the picture.  It does work, but it's still horribly wrong that the MMS is coming across as a "slideshow", additionally it's horribly wrong that there isn't just a simple "Next..." button added to the "slideshow" display routine that would allow you to advance manually to the next slide.

Bizarre.  Maybe in another six months VZ will actually acknowledge the issue.

NoleGirl92
Enthusiast - Level 1

Doesn't Verizon ever look around on the internet for answers?  I saw where one commenter said to text "stop" to 48369.  I Googled "text stop to 48369" and found this message below on the Apple site.  It took me all of three minutes.  I have a friend with a new Android phone (switched from Apple) and she's having the same text issues. I'll see if this works for her.

Good luck to everyone with the texting issues. I hope this works for you too!!

Found at iPhone text messages not going to my Android | Apple Support Communities

May 19, 2014 9:13 PM               

I just switched yesterday from iPhone to Android...

This works! (I spent [read: wasted] the day reading all forums trying to find a fix. This forum was one of them so I figured I'd give back).

1. CHANGE your AppleID password, and sign out of everything (iTunes, mail account, AppleTV... the works.). DO NOT re-enter the NEW password on any of the devices once changed. CHANGE PASSWORD on one computer; SIGN OUT of all and that's IT.

then

2. text the word STOP to 48369

THAT IS IT.

I read that within 12-24h all your previous contacts will be able to text you, (or iMessage will tell them that they need to use SMS to text you)... but it only took 4 hours in my case to start getting the proper texts again (thankfully: very important for work ).

Use the knowledge for good.... not for evil.

0 Likes
WiredDriver
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Motorola Droid Razr M that was recently upgraded to kitkat and I've been experiencing the same problem regarding saving pictures from an iPhone with text in the message.

The way I found to save the image is to press and hold ON THE TEXT of the message. In this case, press and hold on the "found it!" for the option to save the attachment, NOT THE ATTACHMENT with the arrow.   In my case the attachment was automatically saved in the download folder on the phone and I could move it where I needed to from there with ES File Explorer.