I can't receive messages after changing my number
jengstro
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the desktop app for my old number, and then after I got a new number, it quit receiving text messages because it was set to receive them for the old number. There is no way to change the number it's registered through the app preferences, so I deleted the app (which is the only way to uninstall on a mac to my knowledge), emptied the trash, and unsubscribed from the service through Verizon. Then I subscribed again, and downloaded the app from the app store, but every time it finishes installing, it's programmed to my old number still! I can access messages + online for my new number through the verizon website just fine, but not through the desktop app. What am I doing wrong? What else is there to try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't receive messages after changing my number
jengstro
Enthusiast - Level 1

ZangY,

Up until now, under preferences, the "Disconnect Device" option never worked, so I just assumed this was bug. However, each time I tried disconnecting it, I went back and viewed my old messages. This time, I clicked Disconnect Device (nothing happens after this), and then quit the application, deleted, and reinstalled. Then it came back refreshed and asked me for my new number.

-jengstro

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jengstro, we will get your message working so you can enjoy your devicee. What is the make/model of your phone? Does everything else like voice and data works? 
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jengstro
Enthusiast - Level 1

ZangY,

Up until now, under preferences, the "Disconnect Device" option never worked, so I just assumed this was bug. However, each time I tried disconnecting it, I went back and viewed my old messages. This time, I clicked Disconnect Device (nothing happens after this), and then quit the application, deleted, and reinstalled. Then it came back refreshed and asked me for my new number.

-jengstro

0 Likes