I can't receive text messages from certain people.
Liam2700

Both my wife and I both have the iPhone 5. We both got our phones at the exact same time. The only difference is hers is white and mine is black. I first noticed my issue about a year ago when I could not receive text messages from a friend of mine. My wife can receive them from him but I cannot. He can receive the texts I send him just fine. I went to my local Verizon store and they said my phone is fine it must be his network (boost mobile). My friend contacted his network and they said the same thing (about Verizon). Thinking I couldn't do anything about it I let it drop. About 6 months ago I realized I wasn't receiving messages from some of my co-workers. They can get mine but I can't get theirs back. I thought maybe it could be the network boost again... the problem with that is they all a broad range of networks: boost, T-Mobile, virgin mobile, att&t, etc. There is no way it is all of them, it has to be Verizon. My wife can receive messages from all these people, I know we've tried. How come my phone is doing this? It's very frustrating. Anyone else having this issue? Please help!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I can't receive text messages from certain people.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Liam2700, I can understand how this can be very frustrating. I want to make sure that we get all of your text messages going the correct way without any issues. Have you been able to try to reset the network settings in your device? You can do that by going into Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. After this is done you will need to re-enter all of your wi-fi passwords in again. But, all of your other info will still be in the phone. Then re-test the text messages again.

If you are still having issues please delete any text message threads that you have for your one friend. Then delete the contact and re-add the contact back into your phone. Once you have your friend back in your phone please try the test message process again.

Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I can't receive text messages from certain people.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Liam2700, I can understand how this can be very frustrating. I want to make sure that we get all of your text messages going the correct way without any issues. Have you been able to try to reset the network settings in your device? You can do that by going into Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. After this is done you will need to re-enter all of your wi-fi passwords in again. But, all of your other info will still be in the phone. Then re-test the text messages again.

If you are still having issues please delete any text message threads that you have for your one friend. Then delete the contact and re-add the contact back into your phone. Once you have your friend back in your phone please try the test message process again.

Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes