I cannot access the Verizon Messages app from any computer. The message app works fine across my phone and tablets but I cannot use it on my desktop.
gspam1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get the following error message whenever I try to access the Web App for messages:

This mobile number does not have permission to send messages and cannot sign up for this service. Please contact the account owner for this mobile number to change permissions.

I tried Online Chat support but they could not solve the problem and suggested I post in the forum.  All I am trying to do is access my text messages on my Desktop.  I pay extra each month for Messages+.  Works fine on my phone tablets, but not on my desktop or laptop.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cannot access the Verizon Messages app from any computer.  The message   app works fine across my phone and tablets but I cannot use it on my desktop.
gspam1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Candice,  I tried again and ignored the pop up that said I couldn't register for an account.   I registered just my phone and now I can access Message + on my desktop.

Is there a way to choose which device is the master account holder?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I cannot access the Verizon Messages app from any computer.  The message   app works fine across my phone and tablets but I cannot use it on my desktop.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gspam1, I know the importance of being able to take advantage of the Verizon Messages application on your computer. Let's look into this, together. What operating system do you have on your PC? Are you downloading the application for use with the phone number attached to your Smartphone? What type of phone do you have with us? Please share more details so we can resolve this for you.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gspam1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using Windows 7 Professional. I have multiple devices on my Verizon account,  there isn't a way to associate Messages + with a device on your website.   My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.  Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gspam1,

Are you creating a My Verizon account for each of the device? As you would need to sign into that line's specific My Verizon account to view the Messages application.

KarenC_VZW

0 Likes
gspam1
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. I Have a Family Plan and all devices are on one account. I just tried to register an account with just my personal phone and got an error message that the phone is already on an existing account.   Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information gspam1. Just to clarify a few things to make sure we are on the same page with you, are you registering the line as an account manager line? If it shows it is already registered for My Verizon, does it give you the option to do forgot password?

CandiceH_ VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gspam1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Candice,  I tried again and ignored the pop up that said I couldn't register for an account.   I registered just my phone and now I can access Message + on my desktop.

Is there a way to choose which device is the master account holder?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question Gspalm. You would have to derigister all lines and start with the main number and reregister the device and additional devices.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
gspam1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Candace and Joel for your help!

0 Likes