I cannot send or receive text messages with an iPhone user.
tijae

I have an issue where I cannot send or receive text messages with an iPhone user (my father).  This issue first surfaced a year or so ago on my previous device (HTC Droid DNA) and has persisted with my new device (Samsung Galaxy S7), so it does not appear to be a device-specific issue.  I can successfully send and receive text messages with other iPhone users.  Both of us are Verizon customers.  When I try to send my father a text message it appears to go through, but when I check the status later it just says "Failed"; clicking on "Message Info" just tells me "Failed".

I tried de-registering my number from iMessage but was informed that my number was not registered with iMessage (which makes sense given that I've never owned an iPhone).  I have no idea what the problem could be as this appears to be the only person I have this issue with.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot send or receive text messages with an iPhone user.
tijae

For the record, I get the same exact behavior using the Verizon web portal (I have removed my UID and the destination phone number).  I have confirmed that the destination number is correct.

verizon0001.JPG

0 Likes
Re: I cannot send or receive text messages with an iPhone user.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tijae, We never want you to miss a message, especially from your father. We want to get this resolved for you. Please have your father to change his Apple ID password. He can make the change by visiting: http://spr.ly/6580BLPje. Once the password is changed, have him to restart his phone and this will solved it.

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes