I have 2 lines but can only txt from laptop with one number. How do I use Messages for both lines?
foneFreak

I have one acct with 2 phones/2 ph numbers but can only txt from one number thru my laptop in Verizon Messages.  How do I change between my 2 ph lines and receive/send txts from both on my laptop?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have 2 lines but can only txt from laptop with one number. How do I use Messages for both lines?
rcschnoor
Legend

Each line will have its own MyVerizon account. If you are able to text from 1 line on your computer, you would have to log out of that MyVerizon account and log into the other MyVerizon account in order to be able to do so. This is what is needed in order to do so from the website. I am unsure if you are able to log in/log out in order to switch between accounts on the desktop app.

If you have only set up 1 MyVerizon account, you will have to set up a MyVerizon account for the other line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have 2 lines but can only txt from laptop with one number. How do I use Messages for both lines?
rcschnoor
Legend

Each line will have its own MyVerizon account. If you are able to text from 1 line on your computer, you would have to log out of that MyVerizon account and log into the other MyVerizon account in order to be able to do so. This is what is needed in order to do so from the website. I am unsure if you are able to log in/log out in order to switch between accounts on the desktop app.

If you have only set up 1 MyVerizon account, you will have to set up a MyVerizon account for the other line.

0 Likes
foneFreak

yes I have only one acct for both phones so that must be the problem with messaging.  I can see everything for both lines, but couldn't get messaging to work with both lines.  I'll try your suggestion.  Thanks so much for the fast response!

0 Likes