I have a number blocked but am still receiving text messages.
dustbuster1998

I have a number blocked but am still receiving text messages.  The number shows up under blocked numbers and I am within my 90 day period.  The only difference I could find was that the number was listed without the area code in my phone contacts.  Should this make a difference?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a number blocked but am still receiving text messages.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have an iPhone? Are the messages coming through as iMessages? Try turning off iMessage or change the settings in iMessage to only use your phone number and not your AppleID.

Otherwise, we might need some additional information about what device you have and how the messages are coming through.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dustbuster1998

I have an iPhone.  The messages are not coming through as iMessages. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure? I don't have an iPhone, but from what I understand iMessages are one color and text messages are another in the Messaging app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello dustbuster1998. The Call & Message block should prevent calls and messages from coming in. Is it possible that this number is coming in as an iMessage? Does that user have an iPhone? Try to remove the number and add it back through the Call & Message block link.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes