I keep getting an "Invalid pin. Please enter a valid pin." response when trying to activate Message+ on a secondary device (win10 PC). Help!
Tahoebrugan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to reactivate Message+ on my PC after getting a new phone.  It asks for my phone number and sends a verification pin.  I get the text fine, but can't get the pc app to accept the pin.

I like to use the PC version when at my desk.  Help!

Bruce

Re: I keep getting an "Invalid pin. Please enter a valid pin." response when trying to activate Message+ on a secondary device (win10 PC).
Doggo
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon discontinued support for Messages+ on Windows ages ago.

0 Likes
Re: I keep getting an "Invalid pin. Please enter a valid pin." response when trying to activate Message+ on a secondary device (win10 PC).
Tahoebrugan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you.  That's why I'm on the community forum rather than trying VZ technical support.  Maybe a Message+ user has a solution.

0 Likes
Re: I keep getting an "Invalid pin. Please enter a valid pin."
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the assistance you need with Message+, Tahoebrugan. Is your Message+ desktop application up to date: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-203105/

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
Tahoebrugan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Cheyenne,

No, I get to step 10 on the "how to" page and that's where I get the "Invalid pin" message.  

I'm still stuck.

Bruce

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping us updated, we greatly appreciate it. Can you please tell us a little more? Are you the account owner or the account manager? 

0 Likes
Tahoebrugan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your followup.

My phone is on my wife's account as a family plan. 

I'm trying to set up Messages on my Windows 10 PC. It was working just fine 'til I got a new phone and had to redo Messages on all my devices.  Everything worked fine except for the PC and an installation using an Android emulator for the phone app.

I'm not worried about that if I can get the Messages for PC working.

Thanks again,

Bruce

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Tahoebrugan wrote:

I'm trying to set up Messages on my Windows 10 PC. It was working just fine 'til I got a new phone and had to redo Messages on all my devices.  Everything worked fine except for the PC and an installation using an Android emulator for the phone app.

Thanks again,

Bruce

Which Win10 version of the desktop Message+ app are you using, v1.0.17.0 or v2.0.2.0? Where did you get the installation file(s) from, since they are no longer available in the Windows Store.  They have been available from users using Dropbox but some have reported issues re-installing them.  There are other threads discussing this.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Tahoebrugan wrote:

Thanks again,

Bruce

Are you logging in to the Message+ app using your phone number's profile login or some other?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tahoebrugan, are you an authorized Account Manager on the account? *Joshua

0 Likes