Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm not receiving all texts
butterat

Sooooo frustrating!  I have an app on my Facinate so that the screen illiminates when I get a text, but the text doesn't always come thru.  I have both my wifi and data turned on, so it can't be that...

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm not receiving all texts
RomeoYankee

Does the issue occur if you disable the screen illumination app?

Are the texts being sent by a specific number?

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Were you receiving text messages prior to this app being installed on your phone?

What happens if you have either Wifi or Data enabled? It's best to only have one enabled at a time.

Are you getting any text messages at all or is it a random thing?

The reason I am asking so many questions is because I have the Fascinate, and I also have an LED indicator installed. There are times when my screen shows that I have a text with the LED indicator, but when I tap the main screen, there is no texting notification there. However, when I go to to the messaging icon, all of my texts are there waiting to be read. 

0 Likes
butterat

Ha - sorry for not replying sooner!

I keep both WiFi AND data enabled because I can't get picture messages without data being turned on.  And since WiFi is faster than data, I keep it on for general browsing, etc.

One thing I've noticed is that the illuminating app will come on as I'm starting to receive a text, but it doesn't stay on long enough for the entire message to come in.  If I give it another 30 - 60 seconds, then check my phone, the text is there.

EDIT - To the original issue:  not sure what was going on, but I haven't had the problem in a few months.

0 Likes