I need to disconnect old devices from my Message+
lnthomp

How can I remove Message+ from old devices I no longer use so that I can add it to new devices? I get a message saying to go to the "Manage Devices" settings, but I don't see how or where to get to that. I do not have access to the old devices, or else they no longer exist.

On the phone that is currently the primary phone using the app, "Manage Devices" is not an option appearing under "Settings" in the Message+ app.

The Message+ app notification on my laptop tells me to go to the Manage Devices setting in My Verizon on the web, but looking at My Verizon on the web, I can't find Manage Devices.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I need to disconnect old devices from my Message+
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If logged into the web version of My Verizon as Account Owner/Manager, My Devices should be at the top middle of the page.  Hover over it and click Manage Connected Devices.

0 Likes
lnthomp

Ok, so I’m going to complicate the issue – the phone is a business phone, and I have access on the B2B page as an account administrator, but the login for the B2B page doesn’t work on the My Verizon page. I can log in on My Verizon using my personal information, but then “connected devices” doesn’t appear on the screen.

The Message+ app was originally installed on an iPhone 5C and connected devices were a laptop and a desktop computer both running Windows7. The iPhone has been replaced by a Samsung Galaxy S7, the desktop computer has been upgraded to Windows10, and the laptop has been replaced by a laptop running Windows10, so Message+ thinks this is now six devices trying to connect to the same number and I apparently have no way to remove any of the previous connections.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you called Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or *611 for assistance?  Or, maybe there's an IT person at your business that has the Account Owner login info for the B2B account.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Inthomp, we always want to ensure that you're getting the right support for your a count. Since your device is associated with a B2B account, we'd recommend reaching out to our Business Support Group for further assistance. Our Business team is available at 800-922-0204 from 8am - 10pm (EST) Monday - Friday. 

Signature:

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes