Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,356 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
If Changing to a different Messaging app does Verizon Messages need uninstalled? Here's Why I ask....
JEFMAR75
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Pixel phone and have used Verizon Messages for years.  Really I just want a reliable web interface to send and receive messages with, that's why I'm trying something else. Verizon's Web and stand alone desktop app are very unreliable.  When I installed Pulse Messages and set it to default all of my current messages are all mixed up.  It appears that regular sms messages are all there under the correct contact name and number but the MMS messages are in a separate thread and are shown with the wrong contact name and number.  Not every message thread is like this but most of them are.  It's really crazy!    So I went to the stock Android messaging app and it does the same thing Pulse does.    If I go back to Verizon messages app everything is correctly sorted into the correct contact threads.     Any Ideas?      Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If Changing to a different Messaging app does Verizon Messages need uninstalled? Here's Why I ask....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us for assistance, JEFMAR75. We would be happy to assist you with this, do you still have the pulse application on your device?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: If Changing to a different Messaging app does Verizon Messages need uninstalled? Here's Why I ask....
JEFMAR75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I do. but I'm not using it as default SMS app right now.  

0 Likes