In Verizon Texting
bjensen85

If I don't have a texting plan,  I just have the America's Choice 450 plan can I still text other Verizon numbers without being charged or do I have to have a texting plan added just to text In-Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: In Verizon Texting
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I assume you only have the 450 minute plan for $39.99 a month,right?  If you do, texting is not included in that plan. If you want talk AND text you can get the $59.99 plan instead

0 Likes
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Yes you will be charged for texting even if it's a verizon wireless customer. The charge for sending and receiving a text message is .20 a text & .25 for a picture message. We do have text message packages that you can add to your account they start at 250 messages for $5 and the go up to an unlimited talk and text plan for $59.99..Hope this answers your question!

0 Likes
ncgramma
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also have the same plan as you and added to my plan (250 messages-Includes Pics) for $5.00 month plus $5.00 for Mobile Web access so my $39.99 plan actually costs $49.99 mo. (+ taxes) which is still less than $59.99.

So if they still offer the 250 messages (which you could add to your PLAN from the My Verizon website) OR unless you want or need more then you could do 500 Messages for $10 mo which will give you 'unlimited' texting Mobile2Mobile (within Verizon) + the additional 500 messages for any of the other networks!

Hope this helps? Patricia

0 Likes