Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Ineligible US Recipient to send egift card to...?
ohnoherewego

recently downloaded message+ app for the first time. Tried sending an egift card to a contact and i get a notification that says "Ineligible recipient number. eGifts can be sent to domestic phone numbers. Please enter a US number to send an eGift card." I've talked to chat reps, phone call reps and no one knows what is going on....anyone else have this problem? I live in the US and am sending to US Phone numbers. here are the details:

I have an iphone 12 pro, three lines on my account (including mine) all iphones; all apps and software up to date even after redownloading and installing them to double check; tried sending eGift to another number on my account and same error; tried sending it to other numbers on different networks (people with and without iphones), same network people with iphone; have my iphone linked to web texting (windows 10 so theres no app), no blocks on account; am eligible for the services and eligible to pay by adding it to my bill; current on bill; made sure my email address and physical address is on my accountl turned off iMessage and Facetime for a bit to see if that made a difference but it didnt......what am i doing wrong?? customer service gives me the same run around. so frustrated.....been with verizon for 1-2 years now.....

Re: Ineligible US Recipient to send egift card to...?
Tigerstep

I don't get what you're trying to do exactly. If you're trying to give someone an egift card, use email. Dunno what message+ has to do with it.

0 Likes
Re: Ineligible US Recipient to send egift card to...?
ohnoherewego

I’m trying to send an e-gift card to a contact through the message+ app. Isn’t that how you’re supposed to send them?  I was trying to send a Lowe’s e-gift card. 

0 Likes