Integrated Messaging
LaDeanaA

My Message Plus app on my Galaxy Note 5 will not work via wifi all of a sudden.  My messaging on laptop shows no devices registered even though I am subscribed. How do I remedy this situation?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Integrated Messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaDeanaA,
Let’s see what we can do about getting you back in action. When did this start happening? Does this happen with all WiFi connections? Are you able to use the standard app to text? Please share as many additional details as possible.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LaDeanaA

It's been happening for a few weeks. It works fine with regular

cellular/data connection.  It just doesn't work over wifi alone.  I'm

currently in Guatemala on a mission trip and only have wifi. I was always

able to use Message+ before.  This is the error I receive when I try to

send a text.

LaDeana

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those details help LaDeanaA. The key here is the fact that you are currently outside of the US. Guatemala does not support all features that are available on your phone that use the VZW network, simply because you aren't connected to the network. Once you get back in the states, keep us posted. If your regular messages are working, I would recommend using that while in Guatemala.
ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LaDeanaA

My regular messages are not working here. I have no cellular service in

Guatemala.  I've always used the wifi feature of Message+ to keep in

contact with my people back home.  I was receiving this error before I left

the US.  For example, if I was working in a building that had no cell

service, but I had wifi.

LaDeana

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI LaDeanaA,

When your app updated, it lost the the 'token' that that tells the system that you are OK to communicate over wifi. Even though your device says that you are 'Subscribed', you aren't when it comes to wifi functionality. Please follow the steps below when you can get on a Network.  Unfortunately, there is not other way to reset your wifi functionality.

RE- RESET WIFI

To reset wifi, please get onto a Cellular Network just long enough to get a new security code. Launch Verizon Messages> Main Menu> Settings – under Integrated Messaging , select 'Unsubscribe'. Wait 30seconds. Then re-'Subscribe' to Integrated Messaging. Once you receive the security code/PIN, you will be able to turn off Data and message over wifi.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

-ALIE@VERIZONMESSAGES

0 Likes