Integrated Messaging
lisamidi

Is there something I can do to stop getting the message telling me that I'm now using Integrated Messaging? I've received the message 5 times since Wednesday and I've logged in 5 times to unsubscribe, as it's something I'm not interested in using. Since Wednesday, I'm having trouble with messaging with certain contacts. Is this part of the messaging issue others are having right now? If there are steps I can take to stop the integrated messaging setup, please advise. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Integrated Messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lisamidi,

We definitely understand that having to move between two message apps is an inconvenience and for that, we apologize. Please try resetting the Message+ app itself since this is an issue that's related to the app update. This link http://vz.to/2jdaDxH will provide steps on how to reset the app. Let us know if you continue to have trouble with the notifications or with messaging specific contacts.

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one likes unwanted messages, lisamidi. First, we want to offer you an apology for any inconvenience that you have experienced with integrated messaging. Let's partner together so we can get the unwanted messages to stop. What make and model device do you have? Do you have the Verizon Messages app downloaded on your device?

ArnettH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lisamidi

Hello. Thanks for the response. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I have a niece (a VZW customer) that I text daily. She's been getting the integrated messaging texts as well. Ever since, I haven't been able to text her with the Message+ app. I can only send a message to her and a few others using the Messages app. That worked Monday after I spoke with a Tech Coach. But, it hasn't worked since. Because of my work schedules, texting is my main communication tool. Hopefully there's a fix in the works.

Thanks again.

Lisa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lisamidi,

We always want for you to be able to text. I’m saddened to see you’ve had some troubles. I rely on texting more than phone calls these days as well, so I can relate. Over the past several days, we have put out a new app update to Messages +. Can you please check to make sure that the app is completely updated? Also, is your phone software up to date? To check, please go to Settings, tap System Updates & tap Check for new system update.

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
lisamidi

Alicia,

The phone's software is up to date. The Messages+ version is 6.4.4. The Tech Coach said it's the latest version. The Tech Coach suggested that I just use the Integrated Messaging since it's a free service offered and that may solve the problems I'm having. I don't really see the advantage in using it, that's why I don't want to and would prefer not to use it. Using Messages for some communication and Messages+ for others is a nuisance, but I'll do it that way until it's fixed.

Thanks, again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lisamidi,

We definitely understand that having to move between two message apps is an inconvenience and for that, we apologize. Please try resetting the Message+ app itself since this is an issue that's related to the app update. This link http://vz.to/2jdaDxH will provide steps on how to reset the app. Let us know if you continue to have trouble with the notifications or with messaging specific contacts.

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
lisamidi

Thank you. I followed the steps provided; however, I didn't hit DELETE because it stated that everything would be deleted. The steps stated my messages, pictures, etc wouldn't be. Please confirm whether my information will be permanently deleted or not before I proceed.

Thanks.

0 Likes
TBEAR814

You aren't alone. I have the exact same problem on my galaxy s7. Integrated Messaging keeps activating despite my efforts to unsubscribe each time. I don't want it. Now, I can't text my husband! Message+ app freezes. If I reactivate Integrated Messaging the problem is solved. But I don't  want that feature! It worked fine prior to last week's updates and all this chaos. Would like it to work again like it used to.

0 Likes
Samanthaleer

This has been happening to me for months on my galaxy S7 edge. Drives me crazy because I think my account keeps getting hacked and the integrated messaging service activated.  I keep resetting my password. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.  I'm about to give up on Verizon's messaging app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely not what we like to hear. May we asked if you have tried any trouble shooting steps? KleoL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes