crossbow30

Why has it stopped and will it be fixed

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Integrated calling feature stopped on my wifi tablet using messages
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you check the other threads in this discussion space? Integrated calling was disabled months ago.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tablet calling is a great feature that is used by many and we know how important it is, crossbow30.  Here are some steps that you can take if the Tablet calling via the Message Plus app has stopped: http://spr.ly/6585DQmPb.  If these steps don’t help, then unfortunately this will not work for now.  All calling for newly connected devices (tablets/smart watches) is also currently unavailable. We are looking to make domestic calling available for those devices at some point in the future.

Adam_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pintle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Apparently we are too small a crowd of users to justify the expense by Verizon to keep integrated calling up with technology.  I had and constantly used integrated calling on my Galaxy Tab S2 for perhaps the past year or two.  Recently I got a new Galaxy Tab 4S and can no longer use integrated calling. Either my tablet upgrade was coincident with Verizon turning it off, or newer devices/operating software are no longer compatible or there is a security issue (my guesses). Too bad Verizon let this slip.  My 25 year TV satellite service deleted the caller id feature that shows the calling number on the screen, so I switched carriers to one that still provides that info.  I just may have to do the same for integrated calling.  Is it worth the hassel?  Verizon is likely betting No.

JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is complain to the Verizon Message App Developers.  Hopefully, if enough people complain, then Verizon will be forced to resolve the issue.  Cut and paste the email posted below, then email your complaint to Verizon.

VerizonMessages@VerizonWireless.com

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Android-General/Integrated-Calling-Now-Reactivated-in-Veriz...

As of May 7, 2019....Integrated Calling is now Enabled....See Above link for more info..

0 Likes