Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
International Scam Calls
mafrank

lately I have been getting those scam calls from the Caribbean where the caller will call my phone and hang up after one or two rings. since I am aware of the scam, I have not called them back. What is Verizon doing to put a stop to this scam? I want to block specific area codes from being able to call my phone. "5 blocked phone numbers" certainly will not be enough since it has been less than a week and already there have been 2 of these scam calls. I refuse to pay any extra money to block any unwanted international calls, so "usage controls" is not an option and neither is changing my phone number. I hope someone can quickly come up with a solution to this problem

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International Scam Calls
dirkbonn

I have rec'd scam/phishing calls to my phone also.  The anti-virus program I have on my phone allows me to block an unlimited number of numbers and it also keeps track of the number of calls that get blocked.  I can tell you this, the scam/phishing calls have never come from the same number twice.

So blocking the numbers that you got the scam calls from may not be doing anything for you. Just a possibility though, your calls could be different.

Good luck,

International Scam Calls
mafrank

Thats what I figured. I just want to block all incoming international calls/ texts. I don't know anyone outside the US so there is no reason to even have any kind of international calling. Its annoying to have to deal with.

0 Likes
Re: International Scam Calls
rfgh

I have gotten two calls from the same number in UGANDA!!  The number is too long to add to the 10 digit locking service and one call was at 230 am!!!  I cant find a reference on Verizon site to address this issue.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes