International Text Messaging
RiderGrad

Hey all -- I am hoping someone here can help me with this so I don't have to call verizon tonight.  My boyfriend is going oversees for work and I want to be able to talk and/or text him.  He has AT&T not verizon with international calling and texting. I do not have any international plan.  All the information on international texting is about if the number is an international number but his number is a US number.  If I text or call him, does anyone know what i will get charged??  I am assuming that there is a charge.  i know if I am in another country and call or text then I get charged but i don't know how the other way around works. What happens to the person in the US?? 

Thanks for your help in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International Text Messaging
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

You would be billed for calls that you place to that line overseas.  You would need the international dial feature on your account  to place calls to that number overseas. International Dialing allows Verizon Wireless customers to use their mobile device to dial internationally from the U.S. or enables Global Roaming when outside the U.S.

You would be billed international long distance charges for the calls you make to that number.   International long distance rates vary by country and are subject to change. Per minute rates can be found at www.verizonwireless.com/international.  Airtime charges apply.  Standard International Dialing rates apply in addition to airtime charges per your Calling Plan on calls made from the Verizon Wireless network, International LD (Long Distance) Standard Rates, which apply to all customers who make international calls originating from the U.S. 

That line can call you as long as you are in your calling area of the United States. If that line is calling you, you would be billed according to your standard plan rates.   

International messaging rates will apply and my vary depending on the country.  

There is a charge of $0.25 per address for every text message you send and $0.20 for every text message you receive. These text messages do not qualify for Friends and Family or any other messaging bundle, feature, promotion or offer.

There is a charge of $0.50 per address for every picture or video message you send and $0.25 for every message you receive. These picture or video messages do not qualify for Friends and Family or any other messaging bundle, feature, promotion or offer.

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/inside_us.html

0 Likes
Re: International Text Messaging
arichard21

Android10 wrote:

You would be billed for calls that you place to that line overseas.  You would need the international dial feature on your account  to place calls to that number overseas. International Dialing allows Verizon Wireless customers to use their mobile device to dial internationally from the U.S. or enables Global Roaming when outside the U.S.

You would be billed international long distance charges for the calls you make to that number.   International long distance rates vary by country and are subject to change. Per minute rates can be found at www.verizonwireless.com/international.  Airtime charges apply.  Standard International Dialing rates apply in addition to airtime charges per your Calling Plan on calls made from the Verizon Wireless network, International LD (Long Distance) Standard Rates, which apply to all customers who make international calls originating from the U.S. 

That line can call you as long as you are in your calling area of the United States. If that line is calling you, you would be billed according to your standard plan rates.   

International messaging rates will apply and my vary depending on the country.  

There is a charge of $0.25 per address for every text message you send and $0.20 for every text message you receive. These text messages do not qualify for Friends and Family or any other messaging bundle, feature, promotion or offer.

There is a charge of $0.50 per address for every picture or video message you send and $0.25 for every message you receive. These picture or video messages do not qualify for Friends and Family or any other messaging bundle, feature, promotion or offer.

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/inside_us.html

WHOA! this right here is why all the reps get a bad reputation. you arent paying attention. She isnt calling an international number. shes calling a US number that will be traveling abroad.

No, it wont cost you anything.

0 Likes