International Texting Issue
kh218

I am trying to text an international mobile number. The number is out of Belgium but the person is actually in the United States right now. I do not have an international plan or anything, but it is important that I contact this number. Any help?+

I have tried the +32 (nine digits) as well as 011 32 (9 digits) and it shows on my phone (DroidX) that they have "gone through" but I am not sure if the person has actually received the message because I have not gotten a response.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International Texting Issue
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you have an international plan, you can only text to "domestic" 10 digit phone numbers.  Try sending a text to an email address for this person?

0 Likes
Re: International Texting Issue
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello kh218,

I know it's important to be able to able to stay in contact with friends & family, even through text.  I would like to help.

Just as SuzyQ mentioned, regardless to whether the international number is in the U.S. now or not, your line requires an International Dial feature in order to make calls or send texts to a Belgium number.  Check out the International Rates here.  If you're requesting to have the International Dialing feature added to your account, please reach out to me directly so I can further assist.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes