Invalid pin errors for message+
esquiremom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been using Message+ on my Windows 8 PC for years. It suddenly stopped working. I tried to repair and got a verification code on my phone. When I entered it, I got invalid pin. Tried several more times. I then uninstalled the app on my computer and searched for it, thinking there might be a later version all of a sudden for Windows 8. Reinstalled it and have the same exact issue. I get the verification code on my phone with no problem, but get the same message of invalid pin every time I enter it on the computer. I'm on my computer for hours every day and used this app throughout. How can I get it back?

Re: Invalid pin errors for message+
ranranranran
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have recently had the exact same problem, Message+ no longer works on either my Windows desktop or laptop and repeated attempts to receive and enter a PIN result in the same 'Invalid PIN' message and refusal to work.

Has Verizon stopped supporting this?  I loved this ability to send/receive texts on my computers.... 😞

tripterry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm also having this problem.  Worked without issue and then all the sudden it's not working anymore and I'm getting the same invalid PIN error.  I wish Verizon would respond so that I know if the app is done or just having temporary problems.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love to use Messaging + as well online, Holly. I would love to help. Are you able to send and receive messages normally on your phone? Have you tried installing the desktop again? https://www.verizon.com/solutions-and-services/apps/verizon-messages/   -Amber

ranranranran
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, the provided link only shows a Windows link to a 'Web' version.  Where is the standalone desktop program that we could install *without* using the web/browser? That is what I am trying to use and it worked just fine until a week or two ago...

Program: WinVMAClient version 1.0.17.0

0 Likes
tripterry
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK, so apparently there's a new version of the app.  I followed the link posted and there's a download that is available on the Microsoft Store, it's free though.  The App is a little different looking but it let me login and appears to just be a new version.

You might have to click on Web Client from the link, then you will see DESKTOP in the corner that will bring up the Windows Store version.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use Messages+ successfully on your computer is ideal. We know how frustrating it can be when dealing with sudden errors. What changes occurred to your computer's operating system since noticing the issue? Does Messages + function on other devices? -Rita K.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tripterry, we are glad to hear you were able to get the new app and login. Does this resolve you reason for reaching out? I have sent a Private Message to follow up.  *Joshua

NKyAdventurer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me, too.   It was especially helpful when I was out of the country and could still receive and send texts.  Last week, I was in the Caribbean and tried to use the Verizon computer messaging but it wants to send a code to my phone.  Well, duh.  If I  could use my phone, I wouldn''t need the messaging program.     I know we're chasing or tails.  Verizon is notorious for never fixing anything and, in fact, not even knowing how to fix it  Their techs just mimic the question back to you, ask you to uninstall and reinstall the program, and give political non-sensical answers without any solutions.

MHz67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Neither of the two download links on the page allowed one to download the app.   Any other recommendations.

0 Likes