Is it possible to turn off the ability to view Verizon messages across multiple devices?
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

Is there a way to turn off the able to view across 'multiple devices?' I don't mind having it on my phone, but I don't like the fact that it is possible to view on any computer/table logged into My Verizon. Is there a way to turn off that side of the messages+?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Messages+ Question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for clarifying, JohnnyDoe. I understand needing to limit the devices that your messages are available on. If you log into Verizon Messages from your PC or Tablet, you can select Menu, (3 lines on upper left) > Settings > Unsubscribe.  This will stop from syncing to PC or Tablet. 

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnnyDoe, we want to have your Message+ set up the way you would like. I have some steps that we can look at. If you open the Message+ application on your device, tap on the three lines in the upper left, tap on Settings, Scroll down and tap on Manage Devices, from here you should be able to see what devices are hooked up. You can then click on "Disconnect" if there are devices hooked up you don't want to be. I hope this was helpful.
KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

I figured that side of the device features out - but thanks for the reply. What I was referring to (and I wasn't very clear in my original post) was the computer side. When I log into My Verizon from any computer/tablet the Messages+ is available there - is there any way to 'disconnect' computers/tablets and just have it running via the app installed on my smartphone? Long story short, I don't want it available through My Verizon - just on the app on my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for clarifying, JohnnyDoe. I understand needing to limit the devices that your messages are available on. If you log into Verizon Messages from your PC or Tablet, you can select Menu, (3 lines on upper left) > Settings > Unsubscribe.  This will stop from syncing to PC or Tablet. 

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

So doing this will allow the app on the phone to still send/receive messages but just won't sync/display them on the computer?

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI JohnnyDoe,

Yes. The phone will continue to send/receive.

To get your messages on the PC when you're ready, you'll need to  'connect device' in the PC settings. If a PIN is generated, you'll need to enter the PIN into the mobile again, then wait for the messages to load.  Depending on where you left off on the PC, this could take a while.  Try it out. You will not lose anything on the phone.

While I don't know the exact steps for your device, if the icon is in the task bar,  you can unpin the icon from your task bar (usually just right click on the icon) and hide the icon in another folder. This will make it harder for 'people' to find the program.  Just a thought...

-ALIE

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

I will give it a try, thank you for the info - I appreciate it

0 Likes