Is it possible to use Messages+ on a non-Verizon Android Smartphone to send/receive from my verizon line?
syragk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to use Messages+ (or another app?) on my non-Verizon Android smartphone (personal line) to send/receive messages from my Verizon (work) line.  That doesn't seem possible; the app wants to be my primary sms app and doesn't seem to want to let me register to use it.  It seems odd they have this functionality in the web (and in tablets?; non network devices).

Is there any way to do this on a non-verizon Android smartphone?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to use Messages+ on a non-Verizon Android Smartphone to send/receive from my verizon line?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

They have some great features on messages+ but my Verizon phone came with 2 apps messages+ and just messages. You can't have both running on the phone you have to use one or the other. I had to disable the messages+ app to get the other one to run. The messages app takes a lot less battery and memory to run.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to use Messages+ on a non-Verizon Android Smartphone to send/receive from my verizon line?
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Not sure if it will work on any phone but when I go to play store it has one of my phones as a T-Mobile phone ( which it is not ) but says it is compatible with it.

0 Likes
syragk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can download the app and install it on my non-Verizon phone.  It just insists on being the default SMS app (it won't even run if you don't give it that permission). 

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

They have some great features on messages+ but my Verizon phone came with 2 apps messages+ and just messages. You can't have both running on the phone you have to use one or the other. I had to disable the messages+ app to get the other one to run. The messages app takes a lot less battery and memory to run.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your support is here syragk. Our Message + application is a great way to message other users. I apologize for the trouble you are having. Your experience may change when attempting to use it on a non Verizon device. You can attempt to make the update and test it to see how it functions. BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes