Is message+ on an open wifi network secure?
jk_USA

How secure is message+ through open wifi?  For ex, if at work using open wifi could your employer see messages?  Does message+ use encryption?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: is message+ on open wifi network secure?
Not applicable

HI jk_USA

To add to this discussion, NO, messages are not encrypted.

THANKS,

ALIEM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jk_USA We take the security of your content very seriously. WiFi provided by your employer could have restrictions and access to content. Your best bet would be to consult with your workplace's IT team.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jk_USA,

Help is here! Let’s put your mind at ease when sending any messages to someone. The good news is that, even if you are connected to a wifi network, the message is not sent through that network at all. When messaging someone, it is just going from phone number to phone number. I hope this clears things up for you.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Not applicable

HI jk_USA

To add to this discussion, NO, messages are not encrypted.

THANKS,

ALIEM

0 Likes
jk_USA

Ok thanks for the info.

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Verizon Wireless Community <

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

jk_USA wrote:

How secure is message+ through open wifi?  For ex, if at work using open wifi could your employer see messages?  Does message+ use encryption?

Keep in mind, anything you are trying to keep your employer(or anyone else for that matter) from seeing could just as easily be forwarded by the recipient of that text to the person you would not like to see it.

Best rule of thumb is if you don't want EVERYONE seeing it you should not send it electronically to ANYONE.

0 Likes
jk_USA

Thanks for the sermon, but what I am looking for is technical information,

not advice on how to live my life.

0 Likes