Is the Web-Based Messages Server Down?
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

The web-based Verizon Messages server (https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do) appears to be down -- it reports a generic server error:

Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.

Is there any ETA as to when it might be restored?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the Web-Based Messages Server Down?
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

@AyaniB_VZW: The server has been up and down several times over the past

week or so. I suggest that you have the VZW network team look into it.

On Aug 12, 2015 2:04 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your web-based messages TheS1R. I show our messages are up and running today. What device are you using to access our messaging option?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's up and running as of right now.

I would go into your web browser and clear your cache or if you're using Explorer, try a different browser like Firefox.

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, it is up now. It was not for most of Monday. I was simply using a Windows 7 PC with the Chrome browser.

0 Likes
UrsulaP

Still having the same problems.  I rely on integrated messaging on my desktop and still am getting this error

Server Error

This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.

Will this be corrected soon?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi UrsulaP!

Let's see what's causing the problem! When did the issue begin? Which device do you have? Did you have a chance to try the steps suggested by the previous community member? Do you receive the error on all synced devices?

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

@AyaniB_VZW: The server has been up and down several times over the past

week or so. I suggest that you have the VZW network team look into it.

On Aug 12, 2015 2:04 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes