Is there a different way of receiving my security code?
michellemx

I am wanting to use text and make calls on my desktop but cannot retrieve the security code since my phone is not working. I thought it would send to my messages on the website but I have not gotten it and I tried a bunch of times requesting it. Any help would be great.

Also, when I am using the messages on the website, I am not receiving any of my husband's texts. He is getting mine but I am not getting any of his.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a different way of receiving my security code?
prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

Find a temporary phone that you can use even just for once, on my end I tried activating an old flip phone to receive the code that will allow you for web texting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

Find a temporary phone that you can use even just for once, on my end I tried activating an old flip phone to receive the code that will allow you for web texting.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You could try calling CS. They may be able to help you, too.

prometheuz
Contributor - Level 1

800-922-0204

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

michellemx - Being able to use the Verizon Messages application on your computer is a must. In order to get the code you need, you would have to have a device active n your line. What make/model device is your husband using?
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
michellemx

He has an Iphone 5c . Is there any way HE could be sent the code? We are on the same account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying that information for me, michellemx. I understand how important it is to be able to send and receive text messages. Sadly the code for the desktop access can only be sent to the mobile number you are trying to register. An option that you may consider is activating your husbands phone on your phone number to receive the code, and then moving it back to your husbands number. Have we explored options to get you back into a working phone?

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
blhorn262
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am wanting to use text and make calls on my desktop but cannot retrieve the security code since my phone is not working. I thought it would send to my messages on the website but I have not gotten it and I tried a bunch of times requesting it. Any help would be great.

I don't have access to another phone. Why can't a email for the account be used.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Email can’t be used to setup that service due to security purposes, a phone must be active on the line in question 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blhorm262, we understand how important it is to be able to send and receive text messages. Sadly the code for the desktop access can only be sent to the mobile number you are trying to register. An option that you may consider is activating an old phone on your phone number to receive the code. Have we explored options to get you back into a working phone?

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes