Is there any additional charges texting a person in Canada if I have unlimited texting?
pugsarecool

Hey everyone,

I have a phone plan with unlimited texting, and I feel if I contact Verizon they're just gonna give me a super confusing answer. I was wondering if it cost any extra money to text a person's phone in Canada if I live in the United States (Wisconsin) and I have unlimited texting. Some results on this site say no, other's say yes.

I just want a clear, clean cut answer of "Yes, it will cost extra to text a Canadian person if you live in the US and have unlimited texting." or "No, it won't cost extra to text a Canadian person if you live in the US and have unlimited texting."

Thanks!

Hunter

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there any additional charges texting a person in Canada if I have unlimited texting?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pugsarecool,

Help has arrived! What exact plan do you currently have? Is it a Nationwide or More Everything share plan?

In most cases, text messages sent from the United States to Canada are covered at no additional charge as long as you have the unlimited text message plan.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Re: Is there any additional charges texting a person in Canada if I have unlimited texting?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pugsarecool,

Help has arrived! What exact plan do you currently have? Is it a Nationwide or More Everything share plan?

In most cases, text messages sent from the United States to Canada are covered at no additional charge as long as you have the unlimited text message plan.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Yvo

Your canadian family or friend WILL be charged when they text YOU back regardless of your plan...I’ve had a PLUS Canada plan for 15 years with Verizon ...I’m bicoastal and go from Toronto to Los Angeles (two homes two countries) and they eliminated my fav plan which was the Family Canada plan ...now its a better price for plus canada BUT my kids still get charged if THEY call me...so now they text me and I call them....its a small charge for the text but hefty IF they call my verizon us phone

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes