Is there any way to access my old my verizon account to retrieve old text messages from my own old account from 8 months ago? I am getting a divorce and I need info off of that account for my hearing to prove what he did.
Mariegagirl41

Is there any way to access my old my Verizon account to retrieve old text messages from my own old account from 8 months ago?  I am getting a divorce and I need info off of that account for my hearing to prove what he did.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there any way to access my old my verizon account to retrieve old text messages from my own old account from 8 months ago? I am getting a divorce and I need info off of that account for my hearing to prove what he did.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are looking for the contents of the messages, you will need a court order. Unfortunately that information is only stored in their servers for about 10 days.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to access my old my verizon account to retrieve old text messages from my own old account from 8 months ago? I am getting a divorce and I need info off of that account for my hearing to prove what he did.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are looking for the contents of the messages, you will need a court order. Unfortunately that information is only stored in their servers for about 10 days.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mariegagirl41

If I can get a court order, is it possible to get them from 8 months ago?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No.

0 Likes
Mariegagirl41

Thank you, I was just hoping so because when I brought the messages up back in March,  before I changed numbers, it showed me several months of text back then.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What do you mean by "when I brought the messages up back in March"?

Were the messages on your phone? Simply because messages are on your phone does not mean they are still on Verizon's servers. You use internal phone memory to store messages on your phone. The messages do not stay on Verizon's servers until you delete them from your phone.

On the other hand, if you still have your phone and have not reset it since you stopped using it, the texts may still be on your phone. Good luck.

0 Likes