Is there any way to delete text messages from the external screen of an LG EnV3?
cherubs4us

The internal screen of my phone doesn't work, so I've been texting from the external key pad. But my inbox has gotten full and I can't receive texts anymore. Is there any way to delete texts using only the external screen of the EnV3?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there any way to delete text messages from the external screen of an LG EnV3?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was awhile ago and I'm not totally sure, but I think this was discussed and the conclusion was that you can't delete texts using the external screen of the Env3. **Edit  (Found one thread: http://community.vzw.com/t5/Messaging-Text-Picture-IM-etc/No-option-to-delete-text-messages-from-fro... )  It came up in one other thread that I could find and the solution was to use the internal, and similar steps were given - the only difference was using the OK for Menu and #2 for Messages, rather than the left soft key for Messages.  vWhatever works...  :smileyhappy:

What you CAN do, is open the flip, left soft key (which is the Messages menu), and there are several options - these are the text messaging ones -
1. New Message
2. Inbox (#)
3. Sent (#)
4 Drafts (#)

Press the right soft key (options) and your choices are:
1.Erase Inbox
2.Erase Sent
3.Erase Drafts
4.Erase All

If you choose Erase All, then OK - it will erase all except unread messages, and locked messages. If you choose any of the numbers, then hit OK, it will erase ALL in that category, read or not, so I would choose Option 4 to erase all but the unread.

HTH, and post back if you have further questions...

0 Likes