Is there anyone who understands Broadcast texting on Message+?
mad-mike-atlanta

I have talked several times with Verizon Wireless CSR and they know little about Message+.  They read from the same information online I have already read.  Maybe someone out there understands it.  

I manage a particular community group that meets four times a week.  There are approximately 60 members.  Depending on weather, space availability and other factors we don't always meet at the same place.  Sometimes I do not know that there will be a change of venue until 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.  I need to be able to:

- send out a message to all 60 members telling them the location of the meeting 
- prevent replies to the group - no matter what I say someone always responds to all and then someone else replies and then its like a party line text free-for-all (who is this?  Mark.  Do you drive a camaro?  Blah blah) and then people want to be removed from the group text due to the aggravation  (hence why broadcast is essential)
- be able to keep the list of participants and their numbers as a group, but a group I can edit quickly removing and adding people on the fly  

It seems every time I think I am making progress, I add all the members but it won't let me broadcast or if I broadcast successfully it doesnt  save the group members.    Maybe what I am trying to do can't be done.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike

0 Likes
Re: Is there anyone who understands Broadcast texting on Message+?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, mad-mike. Thanks for contacting Verizon Social Media. I'll be delighted to assist you with any question or doubt you may have. Please, contact us through 

Facebook or Twitter for a personal assistance.

>Apollo

0 Likes
stiletosprk

Hi I have a similar issue. Whenever I try to send a broadcast message to two different people, it sends a group chat instead which is what I don't want. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stiletosprk, thank you for reaching out about your Message+ options. Has your account been successful with broadcast messaging previously? What steps are you taking ot set this up? 

-Melissa

0 Likes