Is this legit? Looks phishy to me.
todonnal
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Msg: A Network Extender is available to you at no cost for improved indoor service. Reply "YES" to be contacted about receiving this equipment.

Came from 900070002095

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is this legit? Looks phishy to me.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154 and grhowson are correct! That is definitely a message from us. Enjoy your Network Extender!  -Jordan

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@todonnal wrote:

Verizon Msg: A Network Extender is available to you at no cost for improved indoor service. Reply "YES" to be contacted about receiving this equipment.

Came from 900070002095

The number looks like the normal number for messages from Verizon Wireless. You can always check your MyVerizon account online and see if the offer is also listed there. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tess1974
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the same text and there are no corresponding email offers, or messages in my Verizon account. I feel that only a Verizon representative clear this up for us.

grhowson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same text message, same day (2/1).  Responded "YES",  got "thank you for your response".  Nothing since then.  See nothing in verizon online account.  Not sure it is legit, going to call verizon

0 Likes
grhowson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update:  I called Verizon and this is legit.  And now they are sending this device to us.  

No idea why they're making this offer or to whom they are offering it.

Just so happens (perhaps they know this somehow???), we live way out in the sticks and struggle for phone service.  Not much signal.  I've actually investigated these network extenders before, but didn't bite due to a) they're costly at $250, and b) they require decent broadband, which we didn't have until recently when we got starlink.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154 and grhowson are correct! That is definitely a message from us. Enjoy your Network Extender!  -Jordan

NaplesRealEstateProfe

I got the same message and when I replied "Yes" I got a "This unmonitored mailbox cannot handle your reply."

0 Likes
Mermaid24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the same reply, VZW FREE MSG: This unmonitored mailbox cannot handle your reply.

so not sure what that’s supposed to mean 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, it does seem it is a legitimate text message from Verizon. We'd like to take a closer look. We've sent you a private message for further assistance. ~Christian

0 Likes
D-FENS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got what seems to be a follow-up text from a 908 area code NJ VzW line to confirm I have high speed service and to provide a shipping address. I wanted to check on this as well.