Isn't it possible to read/receive a text on the verizonwireless website?
milano1
i.e. A text comes in on my cell phone and I need to be able to view it on the verizonwireless website. I need to do this for documentation purposes besides having it on my cell phone. A friend told me about it, but I can't find it anywhere on my online account on the website.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Isn't it possible to read/receive a text on the verizonwireless website?
DaniLove13
Contributor - Level 3
There's no way to read text content online. The only way to retreive text content is with a court order/subpoena and the network will only hold messages for 3-5 days so anything older than that is lost.
Message Edited by DaniLove13 on 08-25-2009 08:48 PM
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can view the numbers texted to and from, but not the content of the messages.

An alternate way to get the text of the message to your computer is to forward the text message to your email address. In the body of the message put in the phone number it's from and the time, as all that gets forwarded is the message text, no other information.  I don't know if this will be legally binding, but you will have the content of the message preserved.

HTH,

0 Likes
kimanndill

K

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You know you are responding to a 5 year old thread. Things have changed in that long period of time. If you have a smartphone, you can subscribe to Verizon Messages and then you would be able to view the content on the Verizon website.